What are the advantages of residency training at Wayne State?
- Our affiliation with a historic, urban academic institution, with all the resources of a major US metropolitan area
- Our hospital partners offer a variety of high-quality clinical experiences and opportunities
- Our residents graduate well prepared for clinical practice, academic positions, or fellowship training
- Our Wellness Initiative to address resident well-being has achieved national recognition
- All types of insurance, retirement savings plans, and tuition assistance for trainee and dependents
- Free financial and investment planning sessions with TIAA or Fidelity
- Free enrollment in Ulliance, a university-sponsored Employee Assistance Program for trainee and dependents
- Free enrollment in Wellness Warriors, a program that provides resources to help trainees achieve their total health goals
- Free access to WSUSOM's Shiffman Medical Library databases such as PubMed, MEDLINE, and UpToDate
Here are the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) deadlines for the 2023-24 season.
This program is designed for students who have previous healthcare backgrounds and careers. It diversifies the School of Medicine's offerings for students who are ready to accelerate their career by completing medical school and receiving a conditional, non-binding acceptance into a Wayne State residency position upon completion. For details, see this site.