The WSU School of Medicine Office of Graduate Medical Education is committed to educating residents and fellows who are properly prepared to be effective practitioners who fulfill their professional roles in the context of patients' needs. At Wayne State, we believe that graduate medical education encompasses much more than these few years of training.
GME provides service to our communities, support to our peers, training to our residents and extends our medical knowledge, compassion and skills toward our mission of patient safety and quality health care. Want to know more? Peruse recent editions of our Residency Times newsletters, or review a snapshot of our programs.
What are the advantages of residency training at Wayne State?
- Our affiliation with a historic, urban academic institution, with all the resources of a major US metropolitan area
- Our hospital partners offer a variety of high-quality clinical experiences and opportunities
- Our residents graduate well prepared for clinical practice, academic positions, or fellowship training
- Our Wellness Initiative to address resident well-being has achieved national recognition
As a resident at Wayne State, you have all the benefits associated with employment by a well-established research institution, including:
- All types of insurance for trainee and dependents; retirement savings plans, tuition assistance for trainee and dependents
- Free financial and investment planning sessions with TIAA-CREF or Fidelity
- Free enrollment in Ulliance, a university-sponsored Employee Assistance Program for trainee and all eligible family members
- Free enrollment in Wellness Warriors, a worksite program that provides resources to help trainees achieve their total health goals
- Free, anytime, anywhere access to WSUSOM's Shiffman Medical Library databases such as PubMed, MEDLINE, and UpToDate
Interested in primary care? Practicing in underserved areas of our state? Reducing your medical school debt? Find out more about GME's participation in the new MIDOCS program in Michigan.
Here are the revised ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) deadlines for the 2020-21 season.